By Pem Schaeffer
Various aphorisms address adult liberal behavior, especially that of elected governing elites of the left.
- When Democrats have the majority, they rule; when Republicans have it, they hold office.
- You can govern or you can spend. Wow, ponder that!
- Liberals lust after power to impose their coercive utopia upon the masses and to indulge their favored identity groups.
- Republicans would like to have power; they're just not sure why, or what to do with it.
- Democrats play offense; Republicans play defense...and have a miserable record in the red zone.
- Liberals accuse conservatives of preaching gloom and doom; the latter are too polite to cite the former's penchant for flim and flam.
- Conservatives have been accused of voodoo economics since the days of Reagan, while liberals have promoted boo-hoo economics since forever.
No foolproof treatment has been discovered to date. However, knowledgeable sources recommend the following to strengthen spinal reconnection with the brain:
- Lead, follow, or get out of the way. Above all, exercise the leadership entrusted in you to the very best of your abilities.Â Timing is everything, and the time is now.
- Focus on the policy agenda, which doesn't include guaranteed re-election. If you aren't willing to lose your seat for a higher cause, you really shouldn't be there.
- You can't govern without power, but you can't retain power without governing successfully and fulfilling the promises made to those who elected you.
- Run toward the fire, not away from it. Seek inspiration in the ethos of our first responders and the code of our fighting forces.
- Both you, Speaker Ryan, and you, Leader McConnell, have to be the leaders of the moment you never thought you could be. Be generous in dispensing hormonal boosters to your troops.
Those of us too old and too ordinary to take the fight to the front lines of the Capitol and the White House are counting on you, and we sent you a president who may not shine his shoes, trim his hair, and sip his tea to the time-tested standards of Congress, but his will to succeed is unquestioned. You would do well to aspire to that same goal. Full Story....Here